DIA Blog 015 - What You're Missing Out On At Lawry's The Prime Rib by H8R


by H8R

After becoming famous in Beverly Hills in the 1930s, Lawry's The Prime Rib has become synonymous with excellent food and impeccable service. The location I visited in the Umeda area of Osaka is one of the three restaurants in Japan. It's got a fancy feel that hearkens back to the old days of stiff cocktails and simple, yet delicious, food.
If you like prime rib, then this is the place for you!
The cost is higher than you might pay at your average steak joint, but the quality does not disappoint. My philosophy is to live every day pretty cheaply so you can ball hard when you feel like it! I highly recommend one of the cuts of prime rib over other steak options (I mean prime rib is in the name, right?). The more expensive cuts are usually bigger.
You can get the prime rib by itself, or blow a few extra bucks to get the course.
The course includes appetizers, soup, salad, and dessert.

There are also a wide variety of cocktails, wines, and other beverages to choose from.

There is an all you can drink option, but I don't really think it's worth it. It's better to have a few drinks before and after rather than trying to get buzzed at this fine dining establishment.

This was my second time visiting a Lawry's in Japan. I will definitely be back before I leave!
I talk about visiting this restaurant as part of my trip to Osaka. Be sure to check out the episode and read my other posts about staying in Osaka for 5 bucks and why you'll love Osaka! 
See what you're missing out out and check out the pics from our dinner!
The entrance to Lawry's The Prime Rib

I always look angry when I'm mansplaining, and yes, I am this blurry in real life

Chris went for the Yamazaki 12 year, an excellent choice

I chose the martini

The olives had beef and horse raddish

Cold app - Shrimp cocktail

Spinning bowl salad - I should have recorded how they put the dressing on it

This pepper was the recommended seasoning for the salad 

Hot app - crab cake

Soup - Clam chowder

I switched to a nice California Merlot for the main course

Here's the man with the goods

Each prime rib is sliced on the spot and the plate is put together right in front of you

Main course - The Osaka Cut - This was the smallest prime rib, rare of course
It includes cream spinach, cream corn, and mashed potatoes with gravy

Dessert - ice cream sundae
It has actual whipped cream and fudge (not Hershey's syrup out the bottle)

Coffee to fight the itis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIA Blog 019 - Living Life With Rocks In Your Shoes by H8R

DIA Blog 016 - Get Fit Without The Gym! Why Expats NEED To Work Out And How To Find The Right Plan For You by H8R